Our Nonprofit Madness tournament opened for voting today and it has been very exciting. This is our second year and it is so much fun to learn about 16 amazing organizations that are working hard to make life better in our communities. Check it out.
Since Nonprofit Madness is all about getting people to vote online for your organization I thought I would share this article from the smart people over at HubSpot about some new data they have collected about where nonprofits spend their time with social media.
They recently surveyed over 9,000 small-to-medium sized nonprofits in the U.S. and Canada and there was some interesting highlights.
- An overwhelming majority of nonprofits list Facebook as their primary social network.
- Most nonprofits do not have a documented social media strategy.
- Goals are varied and diverse, about half are measuring results.
- Responsibility typically falls to only one employee.
- Tracking the social media accounts of donors within a donor database is a rare practice.
See the blog here.
Oh, and if you are one of those Nonprofits that don’t have a strategy, email us. We can help.